Escape

Author: Raindrops on Roses

Rating: K+
Category: General

Spoilers: Order of the Phoenix

Disclaimer: ...Yeah. Not mine.

Author's Note: Written for challenge #3 at the cookienook LJ community.




"So what you're saying is I'm..."

"Kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain..."

"Yes, yes, I get it." The dark-haired man waved a hand in irritation. "And I can't go back?"

"No."

"You're certain?"

"Yes."

"No loopholes?"

"No!"

The Voice (as the newly deceased Sirius Black had labeled him--her--it) sounded distinctly exasperated. Sirius was used to that tone. It lent the proceedings a bit of familiarity that he appreciated.

"Can't go back as a ghost, like? Only I've known a few, and it doesn't seem so bad." The Marauder grinned. "Now, a poltergeist, that sounds like fun."

"No! You've crossed over! You can't go back!"

The Voice was going from exasperated to indignant. Well, if this was the only fun he'd have for eternity...

"Well, you see, I didn't actually die. I think." Sirius pondered this. This type of philosophical stuff was more Remus's area. "I mean, my heart didn't stop or anything. I just became... inconveniently disincorporated."

"Mmm." That meant 'shut up before I hex you into next week'. At least, it had when he'd spoken to Molly Weasley. He wasn't sure if the Voice could hex anyone.

"So shouldn't I be allowed to go back? I mean, really, what's the point of having a door to the next world if it doesn't go both ways?"

"Don't blame me. I didn't create any doors. That was your kind," the Voice replied stiffly.

"I'm not blaming you." Sirius looked for a place to sit. "Is their anywhere to sit around here? For that matter, is there light? This infinity of blackness thing isn't all it's cracked up to be."

"You don't have a body! You don't have eyes! You don't need to bloody sit or see!" The Voice was most definitely aggro now.

"You don't have to get all tetchy," Sirius sulked.

If the Voice had a body, its face would have been a lovely shade of puce. "Out!"

Sirius found himself in a dirty, dark room that displayed the scars of a recent battle. Behind him, a veil fluttered as if blown by a nonexistent breeze. He imagined he could hear a voice saying, "Next time, you deal with him."

Sirius smirked. Easier than escaping from Azkaban, that was.

He furrowed his brow in concentration and slowly faded out of sight.


Back to Harry Potter index
Home

Fics

+ JAG
+ NCIS
+ Harry Potter
+ Law & Order
+ Law & Order: SVU
+ Law & Order: Criminal Intent
+ Stargate SG1
+ House
+ Miscellaneous Fandoms
+ Crossovers

+ ajmacfic Yahoo!group fic list

Others
+ Fanmixes
+ Fanvids
+ Essays

Site by Shannon. Layout made by Cala.